Monday, May 13, 2013
Top Ten Tuesday: Tough Subjects
Links go to Goodreads. This meme is hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish, and this week, the topic is:
Top Ten Books Dealing with Tough Subjects
1. Wither by Lauren DeStefano - This book deals with polygamy, which is definitely a tough thing to tackle in a story no matter how you look at it. In my opinion, it's wrong, so reading about it is pretty hard.
2. Something Like Normal by Trish Doller - This deals with post traumatic stress disorder after a soldier returns from war. Loved it.
3. If You Find Me by Emily Murdoch - Just recently read this one; it deals with child abandonment and two girls adapting to civilized life. (My Review)
4. The Fault In Our Stars by John Green - This book, of course, deals with cancer. If you haven't read it by now, I highly recommend it. (My Review)
5. Speechless by Hannah Harrington - This story deals with bullying. It wasn't as amazing as I was hoping it would be, but I still ended up liking it.
6. Suicide Notes by Michael Thomas Ford - Though this obviously deals with suicide, the narrator is actually quite funny.
7. Out Of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys - I could have put both of her books on this list, but I enjoyed this one more. It deals largely with prostitution. (My Review)
8. Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott - This deals with kidnapping and torture. Heartbreaking story, but really worth a read. (My Review)
9. Sempre by J.M. Darhower - A beautiful story I would recommend to anyone. It deals with slavery and the mafia. (My Review)
10. Uses For Boys by Erica Lorraine Scheidt - This deals with a neglected girl who uses sex to distract herself from her bad situations. (My Review)
What's on your list this week? Feel free to leave me a link back to your blog!
Pages Read: 385
Currently Reading: The 5th Wave
Grand Total: 0
Not doing as great at I hoped so far, but The 5th Wave is a decently thick book.