Monday, June 24, 2013
Top Ten Tuesday: 2013 Favorites
This meme is hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish. Links go to Goodreads. This week, the topic is:
Top Ten Books You've Read So Far in 2013
So far I've read about 48 books this year, which isn't too bad, if I do say so myself. :)
1. Unravel Me (Shatter Me #2) by Tahereh Mafi - This is my absolute favorite so far this year. I love how passionate the characters are, and I love the unique writing. I am going crazy waiting for the third installment.
2. Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky #2) by Veronica Rossi - Another amazing sequel to an awesome debut novel.
3. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell - I hated the ending of this, admittedly, but everything else was stunningly perfect.
4. Siege and Storm (The Grisha #2) by Leigh Bardugo - Yet another series with incredible characters and world-building.
5. The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden #2) by Julie Kagawa - The romance in this book does drive me crazy, but Kagawa is a master storyteller.
6. The 5th Wave (The 5th Wave #1) by Rick Yancey - I was so afraid this one wouldn't live up to the hype, but it truly did.
7. The Madman's Daughter (The Madman's Daughter #1) by Megan Sheperd - I loved the dark tone of the writing and the creepy mystery.
8. Dark Triumph (His Fair Assassin #2) by Robin LaFevers - This was somehow even better than Grave Mercy.
9. Game (Jasper Dent #2) by Barry Lyga - This book was awesome, except the author totally forgot to write an ending.
10. Splintered (Splintered #1) by A.G. Howard - The author did an awesome job with Wonderland, seriously.
Honorable Mentions: Out of The Easy by Ruta Sepetys, Everbound by Brodi Ashton, Scarlet by Marissa Meyer