Monday, April 22, 2013
Top Ten Tuesday
This is hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish. Links go to Goodreads. This week, the topic is:
Top Ten Books I Liked More/Less Than I Thought I Would.
This will be broken up in two groups of five:
Books I Thought I'd Like More Than I Did:
1. The Death Cure by James Dasher - Though I did like it, honestly it was a very disappointing end to the series. I feel a lot of questions are never really answered and the ending of the love triangle was a horrible resolution.
2. Defiance by C.J. Redwine - Another book with redeeming qualities that I was underwhelmed by. Mostly due to the shaky world-building and the villain, who is evil just for the sake of it most of the time.
3. Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone - Maybe I just got too excited over the summary and then deflated when the plot wasn't absolutely epic?
4. Matched by Ally Condie - Ugh. The pacing of this is slooooow and I was kinda of hoping The Society would kill all of the characters.
5. Crewel by Gennifer Albin - Honestly, I really liked this when I finished. But then I started thinking about the hideous love triangle and the somewhat annoying heroine.
Books I Liked More Than I Thought I Would:
6. The Girl Of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson - Even though I still haven't read the sequel, I remember having very low expectations when I started this and coming away from it blown away by the awesome it contained.
7. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead - I read Marked before this. Enough said.
8. Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout - I distinctly remember thinking this was a Twilight knock-off fifty pages in. I, uh, don't know when my feelings changed but currently I am in love with these books.
9. Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles - I'm not usually big on contemporary books, which is why I was surprised by how much I loved this book.
10. Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers - Erm, I think I was just put off by the size of this book. Seriously, have you seen it? It's a beast! But so, so worth it.
What's on your TTT this week? Feel feel to leave me links back to your blog so I can return the favor of commenting. :)