Monday, July 8, 2013
Top Ten Tuesday: Movie Adaptations
This is hosted at The Broke and The Bookish. Links go to Goodreads. This week, the topic is:
Top Ten Best/Worst Book to Movie Adaptations
Let's start off with the best:
1) The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - I was extremely nervous about this movie, but honestly I thought it was incredible.
2. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen - I still haven't actually read this, but if the book is anything like the movie, then it is very good.
3. Coraline by Neil Gaiman - They did such a good job with this! It was almost exactly like the book.
4. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling - I saw this for the first time very recently, and I adored it.
5. Matilda by Roald Dahl - This was probably my favorite book as a child, and the movie was excellent.
6. Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer - I am referring to both Part 1 & 2 here; I thought they were the most well done.
Moving onto the worst:
7. Beastly by Alex Flinn - Honestly, there was nothing truly wrong with this film. But I just didn't care for the casting and I did not care for the way they changed certain parts of it.
8. Twilight by Stephenie Meyer - I still love this series, but yeah, I kind of hated the first movie.
I honestly can't think of anymore, so I'll just state two that I'm really looking forward to and am hoping will be great:
9. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead - This is out in 2014, and I really want to finish the series before I see it.
10. Divergent by Veronica Roth - Also out next year, and already looking awesome by the few photos I've seen.
Honorable Mentions: The Fault In Our Stars, The Book Thief, The Maze Runner.