This is hosted at The Broke and the Bookish. Links to go Goodreads. This week, the topic is:
Top Ten Favorite Secondary Characters
1. Finnick from Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins - Finnick wasn't always one of my favorite characters, but as time went on I grew to completely adore him.
2. Minho from The Maze Runner by James Dashner - I always thought that Minho possessed a lot more charisma than the protagonist, and he was hilarious most of the time.
3. Roar from Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi - I realize that he first turns up in Under the Never Sky, but it wasn't until this sequel that I thought he was awesome.
4. All the Garretts from My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick - Each and every one of them made me laugh or smile.
5. Park's parents from Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell - Most parents in a contemporary teen novel fade into the background, but they were really part of the story. And they were realistic! Wow.
6. Kenji from Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi - I love that fact that though he's obviously the comedic relief in the story, he also has a serious side.
7. Howie from Game by Barry Lyga - Obviously, these books tend to have a darker atmosphere, but Howie keeps everything from getting too awful with his bad jokes.
8. Grimalkin from The Iron King by Julie Kagawa - I dare you to read these books and not fall in love with this cat.
9. Sturmhond from Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo - I may be pushing it with this one a little, because honestly he kind of became a main character at some point, but I don't care. Sturmhond is awesome and I now ship him and Alina as a couple.
10. Dumbledore from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling - It took me some time to appreciate his character, but I now see that he is amazing and I love him.