This is hosted at The Broke and the Bookish. Links go to Goodreads. The topic is:
Top Ten Books That Should Be Required Reading
1. Ashfall by Mike Mullin - Beautiful story, and also great if you're looking to survive after the eruption of a major volcano.
2. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak - I feel like I put this on my TTT a lot, but it fits the topics so well most of the time! And it's such an incredible book, everyone should read it.
3. The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothenberg - I read this a long time ago so I can't exactly pinpoint why, but I remember it making me appreciate life.
4. The Program by Suzanne Young - I think this looks at some difficult issues, and it really got me to thinking about them.
5. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo - Yeah, I don't even have a good reason. It's just awesome, that's all.
6. If You Find Me by Emily Murdoch - This book was definitely very touching, and I think anyone would enjoy it.
7. This Is Not A Test by Courtney Summers - There should be a bunch of other good survival stories with poignant writing on here as well.
8. Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning - Why should this be required? Why, so we can all meet Jericho Barrons of course!
9. The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson - The author deals with sticky subjects like religion very tactfully, and watching the heroine change and grow is amazing character development.
10. Blood Red Road by Moira Young - Never abandon you sibling when he has been kidnapped by an insane King who refers to himself in third person.