Tuesday, February 5, 2013
This meme is hosted at the Broke and the Bookish, and the topic this week is:
Top Ten Best Bookish Moments
1. Reading all of Shel Silverstein's poem books when I was little. I remember thinking they were so imaginative and lovely then.
2. Dr. Seuss. Again, from when I was little. But the quote from Reading with my Eyes Shut, “The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.” Very close to my heart.
3. The whole Twilight Saga. Though I'm not quite as enthusiastic about it as I used to be, I am still fond of these books and have them to thank for getting me interesting in reading again.
4. Finishing Mockingjay and realizing that I'd just read all the Hunger Games books. Very sad moment in history for me.
5. Discovering Goodreads. I don't know how I functioned properly without the sight before. It's like my Facebook, I'm constantly on it. Though there have been some . . . problems . . . on the sight as of late, it's still the most amazing bookish community where I've had the opportunity to talk to such interesting, intelligent people.
6. Discovering book blogs. I didn't know what a blog was a year ago, so that's saying something. I have a long list of blogs I follow now, not all book-related, but most are, and they can easily brighten up any bad day I'm having.
7. Reading The Fault In Our Stars by John Green. It's an experience all its own.
... that's all I've got for now. But I'm hoping for many more great bookish moments int he future!