1) I love the smell of new books. Seriously, there's just something clean and fresh about the smell. I've seen other people do this, too, so I know it's not too weird. However, it's still best to do it somewhat inconspicuously in the bookstore, because um, some people might disagree.
|And no one will know...|
2) I hate it when books are organized alphabetically. If you came to my house and looked at my bookshelf, you'd see that I have a thing with height. Paperbacks have to be by paperbacks and hardbacks by hardbacks. When you go alphabetically, you end up with little books next to huge ones and the whole thing, when you're done, looks messy to me.
|My eye is twitching just looking at this...|
3) I hate mass market paperbacks. Sure, it's convenient that they're so tiny you can carry them anywhere. But frankly, just holding them open and reading the small print is something of a chore. If at all possible, I always avoid MMP.
|Really, they might as well be this small.|
4) I almost never pre-order books because I have to wait one or two extra days. I generally order from Barnes and Noble or Amazon if I do pre-order, but the book usually arrives a little later than the release date unless I pay a monstrous amount of money to have it delivered on the day of. And because I have to have all the books now, I call the store ahead to have them hold a copy and pay like five bucks more.
|All mine <3|
5) I used to hate reading. I distinctly remember telling my grandmother that I hated reading and always would when I was in second or third grade, maybe. That may have changed by now. ;)