Tuesday, July 23, 2013
Top Ten Tuesday
This is hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish. Links go to Goodreads. This week, the topic is:
Top Ten Words/Topics That Make You Not Pick Up A Book:
1. Anything with a majorly musical theme. I don't know why, but every time I see something about a band touring the country or someone having troubles in that industry, I just don't want to read it.
2. Poetry. As much as I love to read, I really can't stand poetry maybe 50% of the time.
3. Biographies and/or Autobiographies. For some reason, whenever I hear the word, my brain immediately jumps to "It must be boring". That's horrible, I know. :/
4. Angels/Demons. I've never read about either, and I never will.
5. Horror. Now, this isn't always true. Occasionally I'll pick up something like this, but only if I don't think it'll creep me out too much.
6. The immediate mention of a love triangle. Well, actually, sometimes it's nice to know one is coming so I'm not surprised. But most of the time it's a big turn-off.
7. Cheating. Yeah, I just . . . don't like to read about it.
8. Books with movie posters as covers. I've never liked this trend.
9. "The next Hunger Games/Twilight/Harry Potter." I can't help but set my expectations high whenever this is said, and more often that not I'm disappointed.
10. Lack of romance. This is kind of a shallow one, but can't I have just a little?