This meme is hosted at The Broke and the Bookish. This week, the topic is:
Top Ten Unusual Character Names You've Encountered (in books)
1. Katniss and Peeta from The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I love these books, but the series as a whole has some odd names.
2. Four from Divergent by Veronica Roth - He has a real name that is more normal, of course, but for a long time in the first book he was only known as Four.
3. Roar from Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi - It's a funny name for a funny guy.
4. At least half of the characters in the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling - Part of the reason I was scared to read these was because I feared I would be lost in the sea of characters with different names.
5. Morpheus from Splintered by A.G. Howard - *tries to think of another character named Morpheus* ... *fails*
6. Elder from Across the Universe by Beth Revis - I was thinking that Elder was a different name pretty much the whole time I was reading this book.
7. Yelena and Valek from Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder - I have seen the name Yelena before, but it's very rare and I've never seen the name Valek anywhere else.
8. Aro and Caius from The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer - For the longest time, I was not sure if Aro was pronounced like "arrow" or not.
9. Po from Graceling by Kristin Cashore - Po, like Four, also has a real name but it's just as strange.
10. Leanansidhe from The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa - I'm still not sure how to say this name.