This is hosted at The Broke and the Bookish. I've had to basically abandon my little blog for a while, but I'm happy to be back. This week, the topic is:
Top Ten Covers I Wish I Could Redesign
Redesigns I Hate
1. Venom by Fiona Paul - Honestly, both of these are pretty, but I think the old one with the girl in a mask is more mysterious and more likely to make me pick it up.
2. The Across the Universe series by Beth Revis - This is probably the redesign I have the strongest feelings about. The first two were absolutely gorgeous, and suddenly the third one comes out and it looks like THAT. *shudders*
3. The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa - The new covers have actually grown on me a little, but I still like the old ones more.
Redesigns I Actually Like
4. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi - The eye thing has definitely been done before, but the detail in the picture is stunning and much better than the standard beautiful-girl-in-a-gorgeous-dress-that-makes-me-insanely-jealous thing.
5. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins - It's not that the old cover isn't cute, I've just never been a fan of people on covers. The new one is really pretty.
6. All the new Harry Potter covers - I kind of regret buying a box set of all seven of the books because having the new ones would have been great.
7. All the new Sarah Dessen covers - In real life, the new ones are really shiny and I love them.
Covers I'd Like to Re-Do in General
8. The entire Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead - I realize that these actually did get a redesign, but I'm just as 'meh' about the new covers as the old ones. They could have done much better than this for such a good series.
9. The Delirium series by Lauren Oliver - There's really nothing wrong with these; I'm just not overly fond of them.
10. For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund - It's not like this cover isn't pretty. It is. But it in no way relates the actual story, which is why I'd change it.