Monday, May 6, 2013
Top Ten Tuesday
This meme is hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish, and this week, the topic is:
Top Ten Things To Read When You Need Something Light and Fun
Links go to Goodreads. Now, admittedly I don't read things classified as "light and fun" that often (I'm more of a fan of the darker stuff.) So I did a bit of head-scratching on this list, for sure.
1. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins - When I saw this week's list title, this is the first book that popped into my head.
2. Tuesdays at the Castle by Jessica Day George - Honestly, I think that maybe 85% of middle grade books could be considering light, but this was one I enjoyed a lot in particular.
3. Dealing with Dragons by Patricia C. Wrede - I've only read the first book in this series, but I loved it as a kid.
4. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares - The movies of these are actually just as good as the books, in my opinion.
5. Inkheart by Cornelia Funke - This list is turning into books I liked when I was younger.
6. Just Listen by Sarah Dessen - Really, I could have put any of her books on here (except maybe Dreamland).
7. Going too Far by Jennifer Echols - Maaaaybe there were some darker themes tot this, but I still got that "light read" feel when I was done.
8. Breadcrumbs by Anne Ursu - I really should re-read this at some point, I really enjoyed it.
9. My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick - *sigh* I adore Samantha and Jace.
10. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell - Funning + touching = awesome.