Monday, July 15, 2013
This is hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish. Links go to Goodreads. This week, the topic is:
Top Ten Authors Who Deserve More Recognition
1. Robin LaFevers - I've seen her novels around quite a bit, but I still think her work should be more widely known.
2. Ruta Sepetys - She writes the best historical fiction, really.
3. Barry Lyga - I've only read two of his novels, honestly, this one and its sequel. But both were so amazing I just wanted to talk about them with everyone.
4. Maria V. Snyder - To be fair, I know her books are popular, but not to the degree I think they should be.
5. Julie Kagwa - I want all her books to be movie-popular. They'd all be excellent films.
6. Trish Doller - I wanted her debut novel to be noticed more, because it's awesome.
7. Katie McGarry - This was one of my favorite contemporaries last year.
8. Veronica Rossi - Such lovely characters she writes.
9. Kasie West - I loved this book! And her upcoming work looks just as awesome.
10. Kat Zhang - This was such a beautiful story about two sisters trapped in one body.