Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Links go to Goodreads. This week, the topic is:
Top Ten Series You'd Like to Start but Haven't Yet
1. A Song Of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin - These books look interesting, and they certainly are popular, but have you seen the SIZE of them? I'm not usually one to be intimidated by a book's length, but they rival the Bible in size. O_o
2. The Need series by Carrie Jones - I'm not sure why I haven't started this yet, I've owned the first book for the past year or so. It's just one of those books I never got around to after purchasing. I have way too many of those these days...
3. The Wings series by Aprilynne Pike - I remember starting this in the bookstore a long time ago, thinking it was interesting, buying it, and it's a blur after that.
4. The Ascendance Trilogy by Jennifer A. Nielsen - I can't BELIEVE I haven't gotten to this yet - I remember buying it the day it came out.
5. The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini - Okay, so that's actually a lie, I have read about 70 pages of Eragon, but I just put it down and never picked it back up.
6. Hundred Oaks by Miranda Kenneally - This looks like such a fun contemporary series, hopefully I'll get around to it when I'm feeling blue.
7. The Eon Series by Alison Goodman - I hear nothing but good things about this, and yes, it's also sitting unread on my bookshelf. I am a fail.
8. River Of Time series by Lisa Tawn Bergren - I love books about time travel, so I need to get on this ASAP. Seriously.
9. Books of Faerie by Maggie Stiefvater - I really enjoyed her writing in Shiver, and that was about werewolves, so I'd like to see how she handles faeries.
10. Curse Workers by Holly Black - Again, heard good things, but I am lazy and haven't gotten to it yet.
And what makes me sad is that my TBR stack is so huge right now I don't know if I'll be getting to any of these in the next decade. Dang.